HIGH-TECH DENTISTRY AND AWARD-WINNING SMILE MAKEOVERS
TOOTH ACHES TREATMENT IN COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
Toothache is a common case when there is a lot of pain in or around your teeth. Minor toothaches result from temporary gum irritation, and they can be treated at home. But the more serious ones require medical attention. In such situations, reaching out to our dentist is the best thing to do.
Causes of Toothache
Some of the most common causes of toothache include tooth decay, abscessed tooth or bacterial infection inside the center of your tooth, broken or fractured teeth, a damaged filling, repetitive motions like clenching your teeth, grinding them, etc. A toothache may also be caused because of the eruption of your teeth from your gums, removal of your teeth, and others.
Symptoms of Toothache
- The pain in your teeth may be throbbing, sharp, or constant. Some of you may feel pain in the teeth only when pressure is applied to them.
- Swelling around your teeth is another symptom of toothache.
- Other symptoms of toothache include fever, headache, foul-tasting, or odor from your mouth.
When to Visit a Dentist
- We recommend you visit our dental clinic if the problem bothers you for more than two days.
- You should also book an appointment with us if your toothache is severe and accompanied by either earache or fever.
- Swelling in your mouth or face is another sign that you may need to visit us for treatment.
Treatment of Toothache
Upon a visit to our dental clinic, our dentist will diagnose the problem and find the cause behind the same.
- If your toothache is the result of a cavity, they will fill it using suitable filling material.
- Our dentist may also perform root canal therapy as a treatment of your toothache. This procedure removes and replaces the infected pulp using a sealing material.
- You may be given an antibiotic to prevent swelling in the jaw or fever. If the cause of your toothache is an infection, our dentist will perform deep cleaning. In severe cases, you may be recommended periodontal or gum therapy.
Most cases of toothache are caused by tooth decay. Therefore, it is essential to practice optimum oral hygiene to maintain your dental health. Brush your teeth regularly using fluoride toothpaste and floss at least once a day. Avoid consuming food with high sugar content or drinking aerated drinks. Visit our dental clinic twice a year for professional cleaning as a part of your preventive dental care.
Please reach out to Rota Advanced Dental Care in Colorado Springs, CO, 80923, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Rota. Please call Dentist in Colorado Springs, CO at (719) 598-1224 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.