Your smile is the first feature noticed by most people, and a porcelain dental veneer is a perfect option to enhance it. It is a great way to restore chipped, malformed, and discolored teeth. Porcelain veneers are incredibly thin and colored to the exact specifications to harmonize with your natural look.
With our years of experience, now you can get the smile you always wished. Our dentist Rota Dental can successfully change your teeth' size, shape, color, and alignment with this technique offering a fabulous smile makeover.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
If you are thinking about getting porcelain veneers, please consider their significant benefits:
- They are solid and durable.
- They match the color of the rest of the teeth and appear completely natural and realistic.
- These veneers are far less traumatizing and need minimal time for recovery.
- Porcelain is extremely smooth and impervious. It makes porcelain veneers highly stain-resistant.
- They do not need extensive shaping before the procedure.
- They help individuals with dental flaws such as cracked, crooked, discolored, and misaligned teeth, dramatically changing a person's smile and boosting self-confidence.
Procedure for Porcelain Veneers
If you are considering getting porcelain veneers to enhance your smile, you need to visit our dentist at our dental clinic for a thorough diagnosis.
Our dentist will perform an oral exam during your first visit and discuss the veneering procedure with you. Next, you will be given local anesthesia, and the dentist will remove about 0.3 to 0.5 mm enamel from the front surface of your tooth. Further, our dentist will take an impression of your tooth and send it to the lab. This entire process may take around 1 to 2 hours, depending on how many teeth you are getting restored.
On your second visit, our dentist will place the porcelain veneer on your tooth and check it for a suitable fit. Once you finalize the color and fit, the tooth is cleaned and etched to achieve a bond. Next, the veneer will be bonded to your tooth using a dental adhesive and hardened with a curing light.
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
Porcelain veneers are highly durable and have strong restorative characteristics. They may easily last up to 15 years, depending on your oral hygiene and habits. To maintain good oral health and the longevity of your porcelain veneer, we advocate regular dental examinations and cleanings as recommended by our dentist.
Aftercare of Porcelain Veneers
Taking good care of your porcelain veneer is of great importance. However, it does not require any special effort:
- Be gentle with your new restoration, and avoid using them for opening objects or tearing packages.
- Maintain optimum oral hygiene routine by brushing and flossing the teeth.
- Pay regular visits to your dentist.
Please reach out to Rota Advanced Dental Care in Colorado Springs, CO, 80923, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Rota. Please call us at (719) 598-1224 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.