HIGH-TECH DENTISTRY AND AWARD-WINNING SMILE MAKEOVERS
DENTURES IN COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
Teeth are an essential component to retain the shape of your face. For people who lose some or all of their teeth due to cavities or gum disease and have sagging of the facial skin, dentures help to restore their ideal facial appearance.
Dentures are removable dental replacements for missing teeth that are fitted into place on the gums. They help you chew and speak better and improve your smile and appearance.
Who Might Need Dentures?
People over the age of 60 years are more likely to get dentures. However, anyone might need dentures, if they lose teeth due to:
- Tooth decay
- Facial injury
- Gum disease
Types of Dentures
At Rota Dental, we make customized dentures from dental impressions of your mouth. Our dentist will recommend the best denture type for you based on the number of missing teeth. Common types of dentures include:
They replace an entire row of teeth on the upper or lower or both jaw ridges while resting on the gums.
These dentures replace one or more missing teeth and are placed adjacent to the existing natural teeth or attached to dental implants with titanium screws. It is placed on a metal framework attached to your natural teeth that serve as anchors. They offer the best removable alternative to bridges.
Fixed Partial Dentures
Commonly known as dental bridges, these are permanently attached to surrounding teeth, and you need the help of a dental expert to remove them.
How Long Do Dentures Last?
Over a while, dentures need to be relined or rebased due to normal wear. Rebasing includes assembling a new base with the existing denture teeth. As you age, your mouth's contour also changes naturally, causing your dentures to loosen and making chewing difficult. We recommend you to visit our dentist for a checkup regularly.
Pro Tips to Maintain Your Dentures
Just like your natural teeth, dentures also need daily cleanings. Some tips to take good care of your dentures include:
- Never sleep while wearing dentures.
- Dentures are too delicate and may get damaged if dropped. So handle them with extra care.
- Always place your denture in plain water or a cleanser soaking solution, and never let them dry out when you are not wearing them.
- Brush your dentures daily to remove plaque and food deposits and prevent them from staining.
- Before inserting your dentures, use a soft-bristled brush to clean your gums, tongue, and palate every morning. It will help remove plaque and stimulate circulation in your tissues.
- If your dentures become loose, break, chip, or crack, never adjust them yourself. Visit your dentist immediately.
- After brushing, always rinse dentures to get rid of the cleaning solution.
Please reach out to Rota Advanced Dental Care in Colorado Springs, CO, 80923, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Rota. Please call Dentist in Colorado Springs, CO at (719) 598-1224 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.