What’s the best kind of dentist to improve the look of my smile without braces? I travel extensively for business, so I don’t have the time to commit to years of treatment and the progress-check appointments that go along with it. I have three upper teeth that slightly overlap the tooth next to them. A few of my bottom teeth are slightly skewed also. What type of dentist would know how to accomplish all of this without braces and how can I tell if the dentist is really qualified without trial and error?
Cosmetic dentistry is the best way to address your concerns without the need for braces. We’ll discuss why the treatment works and how to find the best dentist for your needs.
- Porcelain veneers – The veneers are bonded to the front of your teeth to make them appear straight. A cosmetic dentist can provide you with a beautiful smile design with porcelain veneers that will have the color and translucency of natural teeth. You can choose the shade you want, so your smile will also be brighter.
- Cosmetic contouring – After x-rays are taken and it’s determined that your teeth are healthy enough for this treatment, a cosmetic dentist can re-shape your teeth. Minimal amounts of tooth structure are removed with a laser or a sanding drill. After the re-shaping, teeth are smoothed and polished.
- Teeth whitening – Before you receive porcelain veneers, or after contouring, teeth whitening can be used to make your smile brilliantly white. Brighter teeth will complete the look of a smile makeover. Whenever you receive porcelain restorations for your teeth, whitening should be completed first, and the restorations should be made to match your newly whitened natural teeth.
Don’t leave your treatment to chance. An experienced cosmetic dentist is the best dentist for a smile makeover.
Finding the Best Dentist for Your Case
- Ask to see before-and-after pictures of smile makeovers.
- Ask the dentist how he or she would resolve the issues with your teeth.
- Find out how long the dentist has been practicing and how many cases like yours he or she has completed.
- Check the dentist’s website for information on post-graduate training in cosmetic dentistry, as well as his or her credentials.
You’ll get beautiful, long-lasting results from a skilled cosmetic dentist.
This post is sponsored by award-winning Colorado Springs cosmetic dentist Dr. Joseph Rota.